So here are eight things I fan girl over.
1. The 1975: I'm determined that this band is the best band of our generation. In fact, I could probably do an entire blog post on The 1975. Actually, I could absolutely write a whole post on this band. So instead of an explanation as to why I love and fangirl over them, I'll talk about that next, and just tell you here that YOU'RE AWESOME AND YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM, TOO.
2. Gary Vaynerchuk: I aspire to be like "Gary Vee." (That even rhymed. Eh, EH?!) I love that he started from nothing and has built multiple million dollar businesses, totally believes in "the hustle," doing amazing, big things, and the potential of people. I absolutely believe that he's going to change the way we interact as a people, and his influence will broaden even more than it already has. If you want to know the next social media and marketing trends, you should certainly be following this guy.
3. Books: OK, so I have a great reason for this, and it's because I'm a writer, and also because reading (or audiobooks if that's how you roll) can lend peace, wisdom, and the chance to live a million lives. Now I know that may sound silly to those of you who aren't book fans, but the idea of fresh pages, and new books on a shelf makes me smile. Think of the hours invested into bookstores and the pages that live in them. I fan over books, because they remind me of something that I want to be someday (not a book, but a successful author, heh), and the millions of ideas that float around in the amazing minds of every person you share breath with. Think about it.
4. Traveling: The world is such an amazing, huge place, and the thought of not exploring it makes me sick. The thought of exploring it, though? Incredible. I'm always posting about traveling, or places I'd like to go, because I want to partake in as much of this huge, blue and green place as I can. That's something to fan about.
5. Charlie Puth: I was a "fan before he was famous" of Charlie Puth, and knew how to pronounce his last name before people were mispronouncing it (It's pronounced "Pooth," just fyi). I think that Charlie's a very talented musician, and I love his mentality. Follow this guy.
6. Hozier: *Sigh*. Please just come play a show in the states, Mr. Hozier?
7. Music in general: I love the arts, and I'm obsessed with music. I love new musicians, old musicians, in-between musicians, and everything that comes with the "concert scene." I feel most alive when I'm at a show, and I can't help but fan about that.
8. Up-and-coming awesome people: The idea of young people (or just people in general, really) reaching their potential and getting out and doing big things gets me ridiculously excited. Do you know of any other awesome up-and-coming people that I can fan over?! I know a bunch of 'em here: CLICK TO SEE AWESOME PEOPLE.
I could go on, however those are some of the top things that make me super excited about life, and how awesome it is. What do you fan about?